SAFETY IN THE HERD
The Nelson Stark Company’s success revolves around our “Safety in the Herd” mentality. This mentality has led to a very favorable modifier and recognized status with our insurers and bonding company. We are committed to keeping the highest standards of safety in our industry.
The personal safety and health of each employee at The Nelson Stark Company is of primary importance. To the greatest degree possible, the management team at the Nelson Stark Company strives to ensure that each employee is properly trained and equipped when performing their duties. We plan accordingly on each project, to identify and overcome the various hazards presented each and every day in the construction industry.
PROVEN TRACK RECORD
- Nearly 2 decades of achieving below industry average pursuant to EMR rating, TWIR, DART, etc
- Multiple “Safe Contractor of the Month” awards
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Union Employees receive craft specific safety training during apprenticeship
- Corporate Safety Director performs additional in house training (confined space, aerial work platform, skid steer, all terrain & industrial forklift, infectious disease control, all protection, trenching & excavation, asbestos, lead….)
- All employees, at the minimum hold the OSHA 10 Card
- Field Operations Superintendents in each division (plumbing, site, utilities) hold the OSHA 30 Card
- All employees possess a COATS™ drug card indicative of a 9 panel screen
- Each crew performs daily Safety Huddle meeting, JSA’s,
- Each crew performs weekly Toolbox talk specific to craft/task
- Jobsites are audited at a high frequency